Maintaining their mission to “fiercely swing on purpose, with purpose,” the music The 3D Jazz Trio selected for 9 to 5 includes arrangements they’ve had in their library for years and some that were created especially for this recording. From their in-the-pocket swingers to the classic Afro-Cuban anthem “Lágrimas Negras.” A bembe-swing treatment of “Tin Tin Deo,” their reimagined treatment of Dolly Parton’s multi-Grammy winning “9 to 5,” their “Sing” tribute to Karen Carpenter, and their heartfelt originals, this is music that inspires the trio, it’s music they love, and music they enthusiastically share with you.
1. I Only Have Eyes for You – composer Harry Warren/arranger Amy Shook
2. Tin Tin Deo – composers Gil Fuller/Chano Pozo
3. Sing – composer Joe Raposo/arranger Sherrie Maricle
4. 9 to 5 – composer Dolly Parton/arranger Amy Shook
5. Some Other Time – composer Leonard Bernstein
Dedicated to the memory of Jackie’s Father, Hal R. Warren
6. There is No Greater Love – composer Isham Jones
7. Lágrimas Negras – composer Miguel Matamoros/arranger Jackie Warren
8. Blues for G. – C. – composer Amy Shook
Composed for our Executive Producers Marica Gallas-Christie and Pat Gallas-Christie
9. Theme for B.T. – composer Jackie Warren
Composed for our Jackie’s precious kitty cat, B.T. – Brown Tabby
I Only Have Eyes for You
Tin Tin Deo
9 to 5
Some Other Time
There is No Greater Love
Blues for G.
Theme for B.T.